Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Smoothies: Mixed Berry-Cran-Pomegranate with Spinach and Tofu



Green Girl Goodies, August 2012

I am almost done with my 10 day cleanse and feel great!  I lost just over 3 pounds and have more energy than ever.  In order to more closely monitor my nutrient intake and make sure I stayed safe and healthy while doing the cleanse, I began tracking some of the basic nutrition information for my smoothies.  In this post and all future “Sunday Smoothies”  look for your basic nutrition information following the recipe!

Yield 1 large 24 oz serving or 2 small 12 oz servings


½ block Tofu, preferably Mori-Nu Silken Tofu “Firm”
1 c Mixed Berries, frozen
1 c Spinach, tightly packed
1 ½ c Cranberry Pomegranate Juice
1 tb Agave
1 tb Chia Seed

-     Place the berries, spinach and juice into the blender.


-     Add the Agave, trying to pour mostly in the middle so it doesn’t stick to the sides of the blender.


-     Use your hands to break up the tofu as you place it into the blender.


-     Blend, scraping the sides occasionally to make sure ingredients blend evenly.


-     I tried something different this time and poured the chia seeds into the cup first, then added the smoothie.  I didn’t find this to make much of a difference but wanted to test just in case :)


-     Stir and enjoy!


Calories:  480
Fat:  7.5 g
Protein:  18 g or 36% D.V.*
Fiber:  21 g or 42% D.V.*

*Based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Next Sunday Smoothie:
Blueberry-Melon-Carrot with Spinach, Tofu and Soy Milk

 



No comments:

Post a Comment