Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Smoothies: Raspberry-Peach-Mango with Soy Milk



Green Girl Goodies, July 2012

As August approaches, I get ready for my annual summer cleanse.  This summer I decided to do a 10 day raw cleanse and that means lots of smoothies!  Since I am eating raw foods only, it is critical that my smoothies are packed with the essential nutrients and fats I need.  The addition of soy milk mimics the creamy flavor you get from milk without all the animal fats that come with it.  Starting next week look for basic nutrition information to go with your smoothies!

Yield 1 large serving or 2 small

2 ½ c Soy Milk
1 c Raspberries, frozen
1 c Peaches, frozen
½ c Mango Sorbet
1 tb Agave
*1 tb Chia Seeds

-     Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend well.

 
 

*Optional:  Stir in Chia seeds after pouring your smoothie into the cup for added fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and Linolenic Acid (ALA)

Next Sunday Smoothie: 
Mixed Berry-Cran-Pomegranate with Spinach and Tofu






No comments:

Post a Comment