Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Grape Pico de Gallo



Green Girl Goodies, June 2012

As you may have already figured out, I am a huge fan of Latin inspired dishes.  I was at home one day eating some perfect grapes when this idea came to me.  Nice firm grapes work the best in this case. 

Yield Approximately 2/3 c

½ c Red Grapes, fine chop
2 tsp Red Onion, minced
½ tsp Jalapeno, minced
1 tsp Cilantro, minced
Juice from ½ a Lemon
Juice from ½ a Lime
Salt To Taste (I used 2 Pinches of Kosher)

-          Prepare all ingredients and mix! 
-          The pico should be good for up to 2 days but I ate all mine in one night on top of some crispy pan-fried Pepper Jack and Corn Tortilla Quesadillas. (Shown below with a side of black beans topped with Cholula and Crema)


My boyfriend ate more quesadillas and less pico (above) but I went heavy on the pico and it was delicious :)


More Serving Suggestions:
-          All alone with chips
-          With Grilled/Pan-Fried/Baked Chicken
-          As a taco or tostada topping with lettuce and feta/cotija cheese

Up next…
Guacamole #1 (Two Pepper and Tapatio)





No comments:

Post a Comment